In my opinion I feel that Abigail was the most offensive. She did what she had to do in order to cross and see Gregory, even if that meant giving "favors" to Sinbad, and I understand her reason for doing that. However, I hate the fact that she enjoyed seeing him in pain. If she really did love him, she would've been hurt seeing him get hurt. So technically, she truly didn't love him. Abigail showed her true colors with her reaction.
Second offensive on my list, would probably be Sinbad. As a riverboat captain, in my opinion, is supposed to cross people over because that's their job. Yet, he had to have something in return. The only way that he would sail Abigail over was if she would have sex with him, and Abigail as desperate as she is, she did. He was just being selfish and tried to take advantage of her because he knew she really wanted to cross over.
Third, in my opinion would be Gregory. I think he was just overreacting to the issue. Yes, Abigail did sleep with another man, but it didn't really mean anything (I assume). He was too busy being hurt that he didn't even appreciate her sacrifice for him. If I were his position, I'd be mad too but I'd get over it because she did what she had to do to cross over.
The person who I thought was least offensive would probably be Ivan. Ivan just didn't want to get in anyone's business. Yeah, he could've just crossed her over without a problem and sail back, but he probably didn't want to be responsible if someone bad were too happen to her. And to add, she was a complete stranger so I understand why he didn't really want to sail her over.
Overall, I think everyone is bad in there own way. However, Slug was the most innocent to me. He was the one who beat up Gregory after Abigail had told him what had happened. It wasn't right for him to go and brutally beat up Gregory for reasons that aren't his, but I understand his compassion. He was only doing what he did because he thought it was reasonable to hurt the person that hurt Abigail.
No comments:
Post a Comment