I remember towards the end of 8th grade year and how I was picking which high school to go to. At first I wanted to go to a school out of the area because I'm already so used to mine but then again why would I go to a school that's distant when Lincoln is literally 5 minutes away? Everyone would always say negative things about the school, and the funny part is; they never even experienced Lincoln. They'd always tell me that if I went there I'd get into fights everyday, that it would turn me "ghetto", and that overall it was just bad. I just laughed it off because how could they judge a school that they only know about about because of rumors and social media? How could Lincoln "turn me ghetto" if I've literally been in this area my whole life and I'm still doing fine?
It's now 6 weeks before the end of the school year and I'm at Lincoln. And guess what, I'm still the same. I haven't turned "ghetto", I haven't been to any fights (although I did see a lot of them), and my grades are good. I think people misjudge Lincoln because of it's past because it's not all bad. They offer all these clubs and programs that benefit different varieties of students. It just depends on the type of people that you surround yourself with and the choices you make.
No comments:
Post a Comment